Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better products or service. For example:
- We may ask for your personal information when you're discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product.
- When you interact with Xilisoft, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the Xilisoft products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We also collect information for market research purposes — such as your occupation and where you use your computer - to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve Xilisoft's products and service.
Publicly displayed information is public
If you use a bulletin board or chat room on Xilisoft website you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Xilisoft is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, Xilisoft will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
When we disclose your information
Xilisoft takes your privacy very seriously. Xilisoft does not sell or rent your contact information to other marketers.
Within the Xilisoft Corporation
With our service providers, vendors, and strategic partners
There are also times when it may be advantageous for Xilisoft to make certain personal information about you available to companies that Xilisoft has a strategic relationship with or that perform work for Xilisoft to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These companies may help us process information, extend credit, fulfill customer orders, deliver products to you, manage and enhance customer data, provide customer service, assess your interest in our products and services, or conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are also obligated to protect your personal information in accordance with Xilisoft's policies, except if we inform you otherwise at the time of collection.
At times we may be required by law or litigation to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary.
How we protect your personal information
Xilisoft takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Xilisoft uses secure server hosted by Paypal, SWREG and other 3rd party credit card processors that encrypt all the customer's personal information including name, address, credit card number credit card expiration date etc. before it is sent to us. Encryption works to prevent any malicious use of your personal information.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser like Safari.
Cookies and other technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Xilisoft will not use the information collected to market directly to that person.
Xilisoft STRONGLY OPPPOSES all forms of malware. Xilisoft applications will never intentionally jeopardize our customers' privacy or security. All applications are designed to be easily removable from the computer through an uninstall utility. Xilisoft does not employ the use of reinstallers and avoids all features that may be found in any type of malware. No Xilisoft application is designed to collect any personally identifiable information from any user. Xilisoft applications do not contain, nor are they bundled with, any third party applications (spyware, adware, malware, etc.) that would jeopardize our customers' security or their privacy. All Xilisoft applications pass both Kaspersky and Rising vigorous anti-virus/malware tests before public release.
Our companywide commitment to your privacy
This policy covers the Intel Corporate website and is applicable worldwide. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate these guidelines to Xilisoft employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Xilisoft abides by the safe harbor framework set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information collected from the European Union. The following link provides more information about the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program.
Xilisoft's website has links to the sites of other companies. Xilisoft is not responsible for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies.
Last updated September 27, 2009
- Video Converter for Mac
- DVD Ripper for Mac
- DVD Creator for Mac
- iPhone Magic Platinum Mac
- iPhone SMS Backup for Mac
- 3D Video Converter for Mac
- DVD Copy for Mac
- Audio Converter Pro Mac
- iPod Rip for Mac
- iPhone Ringtone Maker Mac
- Blu-ray Ripper mac
- YouTube to iTunes Converter Mac
- DVD to iPod Converter Mac
- Video Editor 2 for Mac
- iPhone Contacts Backup Mac
- iPhone Apps Transfer Mac
- iPad Apps Transfer for Mac
- Photo Slideshow Maker Mac
- iPad PDF Transfer for Mac
- Photo DVD Maker for Mac