This guide will describe how to convert your own Blu-ray Disc video to HD AVI, HD MPEG-4, HD MPEG-4 AVC, HD MOV, HD MPEG-2 TS, HD MPEG-2, HD WMV, that can be played on computers, HTPC and media centers like the Popcorn Hour, Tvix, etc. You need of course a Blu-ray reader like a Blu-ray ROM or Blu-ray Writer and lots of HDD space.
1. How much do you know about Blu-ray disc?
Blu-ray Disc (also known as Blu-ray or BD) is an optical disc storage medium designed to supersede the standard DVD format. Its main uses are for storing high-definition video, PlayStation 3 games, and other data, with up to 25 GB per single layered, and 50 GB per dual layered disc. The disc has the same physical dimensions as standard DVDs and CDs.
Comparison between Blu-ray & DVD
2. Features of Xilisoft Blu Ray Converter
- Convert Blu-ray discs with high converting speed and excellent HD-quality
- Convert Blu-ray M2TS videos to iPod videos and common videos
- Extract audio from Blu-ray movie and capture movie images
- Edit video by trimming, cropping, merging and adding video effects
- The broad support of multimedia devices
- Try it for FREE NOW: Xilisoft Blu Ray Converter
3. Step by step guide to convert Blu-ray to HD
1. Free download Xilisoft Blu Ray Converter, install and launch.
2. Insert the blu-ray disc and choose the proper output destination and the target HD video format.
3. Click "Convert" button! After a few minutes waiting, the conversion from blu-ray disc to HD is completed!
4. More information at: Convert blu-ray to HD.